Family Values Resource Institute
Family Values Resource Institute, Inc. (FVRI) provides educational and counseling programs in predominantly urban areas to empower families with resources, skills, and principles for generational prosperity.
Family Values Resources Institute, Inc. envisions self-sufficient, cohesive families that fully experience life, liberty, and prosperity.
Core Values Statement
Strong families that value life and learning are the keys to creating generational health (mental, physical, emotional, social, and spiritual wholeness) and prosperity (in the spirit, body and soul).
FVRI is an educational and charitable 501(c)(3) organization that teaches principles, develop skills, and provides resources according to the following five core values:
- Holistic Learning: We believe a holistic approach to learning is the most effective way to address the academic, emotional, social, and spiritual barriers to creating generational prosperity. We promote Faith-based resources as an inseparable complement to the Research-based educational and counseling approaches that do not compromise our core holistic principles.
- Informed Guidance: As God-created free will beings, we believe that a person should have access to all necessary information to make an informed decision in matters that affect his or her life, especially if that decision has an impact on the life of another human being.
- Compassionate Service: We realize that people don’t care how much you know in your ability to assist them through challenges until they know how much you care and sympathize with their situation.
- Passionate Advocacy: As our desire is to see more than our local clients benefit from our approach, we are a passionate advocate for the causes that hinder generational prosperity and quality of life, especially in urban areas.
- Organizational Integrity: The greatest thanks we can give our donors and partners is to ensure we operate with the highest integrity and accountability for maximum effectiveness in all aspects of our programs and administration.
Family Values Resources Institute, Inc. (FVRI) is a non-profit 501c3 organization located in the Scotlandville community of North Baton Rouge, La. FVRI, – formerly Restoration Ministries of Baton Rouge d.b.a. North Baton Rouge Women’s Help Center – was established in 1992 by Pastors Charles and Barbara Thomas, II, initially to provide pregnancy related services and support to women facing unintended pregnancies. FVRI later expanded its programs to include adult literacy and HiSET (formerly GED) test preparation, vocational training, and an afterschool program for elementary students, to name a few. In September 2012, Dr. Charles “Trey” Thomas, III and his wife, Chanell Thomas, MSSW, accepted the call to lead FVRI into the next generation of service with the vision to increase generational prosperity, especially in urban areas, with families that value life and learning. The expanded programs include couples counseling, parenting courses, and life-skills courses to empower families; expanded career services for adult education students; and early childhood, after-school, and summer enrichment programs to support parents raising their children. FVRI has provided services to over 70,000 individuals over the organization’s 20 plus years of existence. FVRI’s one stop approach to providing multiple services makes it unique to the community.