The Family Empowerment Center
- Multiple private and public agencies cite research that 40%-50% of first marriages result in divorce.
- According to the National Campaign to Prevent Teen Unplanned Pregnancy 45% of children under the age of 18 in Louisiana live in single parent households.
- The 2010 U.S. Census data indicates that 4.9 million American children are being raised by their grandparents and the overall poverty rate for those children is 27%.
The Family Empowerment Center which began as a couples’ ministry by Charles Thomas II and Barbara Thomas is expanding. We will provide faith-based resources and support programs to various family types and situations. Including teen parents, grandparents raising children, newly and not-so-newly married couples, single mothers and fathers, and families with members involved in additive or abusive behaviors.
- We have helped strengthen the marriage foundation of over 50 couples.
- Many single mothers and families have received emotional and spiritual support through counseling services provided by our organization.
- Participants in our program have a renewed confidence that increases their self-esteem, self –reliance and ultimately change their family’s life.
“Educate, Encourage and Empower families with faith-based tools and support to overcome fragile times.”